Archestra SQL Datagrid and Wonderware

TonytheEE

This one might be a doozy, but I'm pretty sure one of you have already played with this.

We are creating an MES with Archestra System Platform. There is a screen where we want to be able to load a table that has hundreds of columns. The operators should not be able to edit info like Entity Name, Job No, Work Order No, or things like that, but they should be able to edit attributes currently, they are labeled "Value1" thru "Value 220". We are using a SqlDatagrid control in Archestra Graphics.

Since it doesn't look like I can be specific about what columns are writable and which aren't, I was going to have one table be read-only and allow operators to pick the job no, etc. and have a second table load the values only for the op's to change. that second table will be writeable. The thing is, though, that I can't figure out how to use the SelectedRowNumber_dg Property in Archestra to pull values from the row in the first table to make a query to bring to the second table, much less how to get it to execute automatically.

If you know how to at least get me started with events and passing the SelectedRowNumber value into WindowViewer/Maker, I would be greatly appreciative. Or, if you know of a way to make some columns writeable and some read-only, that's even better.

Thank you.

Tony