RSView32 on Windows XP SP3 Using OPC

dobidust

Hi guys I have a RSview32 talking to a Logix5000 PLC using OPC which is not talking at the moment. This was previously running on a XP machine (SP unknown...its gone missing) that has gone down. I have installed all the software on a XP laptop SP3 but now we cannot see any of the tags passing through in the tags monitor we get "error", "Stale" & Uninitialized. Everything is setup as should be I can drill down in to the tags in the tags data base and we can see everything ok in RSlinx. Also when I set the topic up it now has the "padlock symbol". However I cannot get data through to the program. I have checked the DCOM settings and disabled all firewalls on the laptop but still no joy.

I'm hoping one of you guys has had the same problem and can offer a quick fix.

Last edited:
Can you post some screenshots of your errors? It's been a while since I used RSView32. The Windows XP service pack may make a difference. I remember one of my old coworkers had a computer with Rockwell software on it, running Win XP SP2 and he refused to upgrade it to SP3. Also can you explain what you mean by using OPC? Are you using RSLinx?