Industrial Camera/Surveillance Integration

ds7891

I am in need of integrating camera's into a machine process. The project will involve mounting surveillance camera's on a very long/complex conveyor system. The operator will have a separate display for the camera system mounted above the operator console. The camera display/monitor needs to automatically change view/angles depending on certain machine criteria.

For instance, if a certain alarm is triggered by the PLC, or if they are running a certain material. Particular camera views would be shut off to save real estate on the monitor, or the view enlarged drawing for better viewing or the problem area.

I don't want to have to have the operator chance what camera's he will be viewing, I want the camera system to do it automatically.

I see that Moxa makes a Soft NVR that has an OPC server to integrate into PLC's. Has anyone used Moxa?

Any other suggestions?

These are made for industrial applications and can work directly in the HMI.

They have a really nice integration for Rockwell PLC’s and HMI’s the cameras can trigger faults based on conditions and can be time stamped with the alarm so you can see what caused the fault on high speed processes.

https://www.imperx.com/

Tried calling them yesterday a few times. No answer. Ended up giving Moxa a call yesterday, they will be reviewing my requests and getting back to me next week.

Will try Imperx again next week.

I have a (cheap) DVR which has digital 8 alarm inputs. Each input can cause one or more PTZ cameras to move to any of their preset positions. I'm sure that there are better units around than the one I have, but that might be something to look at.

I have a (cheap) DVR which has digital 8 alarm inputs.

O ya! I forgot about that. I've done a couple commercial grade hardware NVR's that have a dozen or so, digital inputs.

This one is more needing a Software NVR that can be loaded in a sever. Don't have a place to stuff the hardware NVR since the server takes up most the space in the cabinet.

Ok, so Moxa admitted to me that they will be discontinuing their surveillance line of products (cameras and NVR's).

They recommended I contact a company called Milestone Systems. Had a conversation with them today that seemed promising. All lot more work though since an OPC server is not something that is native to their product. They specialize in an open platform for complete customization and integration. So definitely some custom scripts and apps to integrate into a SCADA system.

They put me in contact with a more specialized person at Milestone for my application. Will have more info later this week.