Any differences between the Control Logix 1756-L61 and L71 dealing with motion ?

Good Morning ,

We had to change out a L61 with a L71 processor and it seems like our motion control is not the same . Have any of you run into similar issues with the L71 after changing . Does the 1756-M16 xxxx SERCOS module play different with the L70's processors ?

I imagine the firmware plays a part .

Thanks ,

Good Morning ,

We had to change out a L61 with a L71 processor and it seems like our motion control is not the same . Have any of you run into similar issues with the L71 after changing . Does the 1756-M16 xxxx SERCOS module play different with the L70's processors ?

I imagine the firmware plays a part .

Thanks ,

Depending on the complexity and needs of your project L7 series will be much faster and will handle more Axis than an L6 series

One thing to consider other than firmware is the 71 CPU will be faster than the 61.

Are the motion routines in a periodic or continuous task?