Unable to Migrate to Tia due to absence of optional Packets

shashi616

Hello All,

Presently I am trying to migrate an Old project built on Simatic Manager 5.5 SP1.

However, while migrating I am getting error as:

Option package(s) DIGSI missing in STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 or V5.5.
9:24:56 PM
Option package(s) SICAM plusTOOLS for RTU/SAS missing in STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 or V5.5

Screenshot is attached for your reference. Kindly help me out if any one of you had experienced same issues.

Thanks & Regards

Shashi Bhushan

Capture.JPG

Yeah, I am well aware about that. However, i am looking for solution to my current problem. is there any way to resolve my current issue.

First of all, they are probably 3rd party packages and need to be installed and probably licensed, also even if you have the disks TIA may not support older 3rd party software. If you have installed them then TIA will probably not recognise them. The best solution is to contact the suppliers. Also, put this in the live Q&A as I said there are many people on this site that may not look at the practice area and you are likely to get a better response. More information might be helpful, for example do you have the install disks for them.

I just recently migrated a project made in manager v5.4 and safety v5.4, a safety plc. I'm doing another in a few days. I couldn't migrate without having all both old licences and the new tia licenses. And still it throws away all hardware config. The project has for me been all about finding all the gsd files and building up the whole hardware config again. Make sure it's even possible to find you're hardware in the tia portal because if you can't maybe you'll never reach your gold.

Migration

Dear Folks,

Good day
DIGSI is a Siemens software for their a type of their Profibus breakers.

You don't have any choice unless you include the missing sw's to be able to migrate.

Regards
Hagos

I just recently migrated a project made in manager v5.4 and safety v5.4, a safety plc. I'm doing another in a few days. I couldn't migrate without having all both old licences and the new tia licenses. And still it throws away all hardware config. The project has for me been all about finding all the gsd files and building up the whole hardware config again. Make sure it's even possible to find you're hardware in the tia portal because if you can't maybe you'll never reach your gold.

You have to select the checkbox, something like "include hardware configuration". This is NOT CHECKED by default!

Option package(s) DIGSI missing in STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 or V5.5.
9:24:56 PM
Option package(s) SICAM plusTOOLS for RTU/SAS missing in STEP 7 V5.4 SP5 or V5.5

Link to DIGSI:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109740980/digsi-4-v4-93-full-version-device-drivers-(without-license-key-usable-as-30-days-trial-version)?dti=0&lc=en-WW

SICAM (however, I cannot tell you which one you need):

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109744288/sicam-230-and-sicam-230-tools?dti=0&lc=en-BO

Thanks sigmadelta.

I was looking forward for this link only. I will confirm you after applying the same in my Station. Once again thanks for your support.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate your efforts.

Do you know if those options are actually used in the project? If not, you can do a check for Required Software Packages in the project properties in Simatic Manager.

Sometimes Step 7 THINKS that an option is required for the project just because it was installed on some PC three engineers ago. This checks the project to see what is ACTUALLY used.

You have to select the checkbox, something like "include hardware configuration". This is NOT CHECKED by default!

Yes that is correct but you can as i did run into situations where it doesn't work and you have to either delete some of the hardware and built it up again. I just did another projekt today and had to delete a profibus slave even though I have the correct gsd for this device installed in tia. I don't know why but it took me a couple of minutes to find the slave again in tia an implement it again and compiled with no faults afterwards.