SLC 5/04 changed battery now i get fault on plc and can't go online

BrockSamson

I replaced the battery on old SLC 5/04. It should have had a 30 minute charge in the capacitor when i changed it.

Now when i started it back up, the fault light is illuminated on the card and I cannot connect in RSLogix.

The error it gives is "DiagnosticStatus Failed 0x4".

The device is showing up in RSLinx and it is showing packets sent and received if that means anything.

I was just connected to the PLC the other day and it worked fine. I am using a DH+ to a PCMCIA card in my computer.

Thanks

Similar Topics

I'm trying to read/write to an SLC5 with a ControlLogix L71 V35 plc that fails. The exact same code works on an L82S with V32. Is there a known...
Replies
Views
I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never had to replace a battery in a SLC. Some how been able to skip that task in all my years. So yesterday...
Replies
Views
I have a program that I've used 100 times. SQO settings: File N7:0, Mask 0FFFFh, Dest B3:1, Control R6:0, Length 8, Pos 2. Length & Position...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC friends. I've been going through a saga of diagnosing and fixing an old PLC setup that I inherited. I am learning as I go. Initial...
Replies
Views
I had a 5/01 CPU give a CPU Fault. It lost the program and I was not able to establish communication with it. I replaced it with a 5/03 we had in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom