Poll meter data, as fast as posssible

the_msp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an R&D project to get data from a power meter as fast as possible.

I have already confirmed response time polling via Modbus TCP.

I now want to now poll it via Ethernet/IP.

The CPU is an L18-ERM running firmware 30.012 programmed with S5K V30.00.00.

The power meter is a Schneider METSEPM5561. I have attached the manual section that covers the E/IP setup.

Questions:
1. Should I use implicit or explicit messaging?
2. Can I set it up as a Generic Ethernet Module? I have tried, GEM parameters: DINT, Assembly instance 100 size 125, assembly output 150 size 64, config 1, size 0.
I get code 16#0127 Invalid output size. What should the output size be for 2 words, as listed in the manual? They are listed as dummy parameter, does this matter?

I have an R&D project to get data from a power meter as fast as possible.

I have already confirmed response time polling via Modbus TCP.

I now want to now poll it via Ethernet/IP.

The CPU is an L18-ERM running firmware 30.012 programmed with S5K V30.00.00.

The power meter is a Schneider METSEPM5561. I have attached the manual section that covers the E/IP setup.

Questions:
1. Should I use implicit or explicit messaging?
2. Can I set it up as a Generic Ethernet Module? I have tried, GEM parameters: DINT, Assembly instance 100 size 125, assembly output 150 size 64, config 1, size 0.
I get code 16#0127 Invalid output size. What should the output size be for 2 words, as listed in the manual? They are listed as dummy parameter, does this matter?

I'm sure you have checked this but has the meter got the right version of firmware in it ?