Parameter Upload - PowerFlex 700 VC - RIO - 20-COMM-R - SLC 5/03

Cranford

Hi,

I have a Powerflex 700 VC (actually a number of them) all connected via RIO using a 20-COMM-R back to an SLC 5/03. I need to install a replacement drive and want to upload all of my drive parameters to it (I have the original .DNO file) I have CCW but not the older drive software (don't know the name) but believe it is now freeware, not sure if I need to use that on this older drive?

Can I use CCW and connect through the PLC as I would do with RSLinx/RSLogix or do I need another serial device to see the drives?

I really do not want to have to input all the parameters in manually!

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks

Austin

SLC processors can't bridge like Contrologix processors. You will need a 1203-USB to connect your laptop directly to the drive.

The software you are thinking of is DriveExecutive.

To my knowledge the 1747-SN and RSLinx could provide "passthrough" upload/download functionality to PanelView Standards, but not to any SCANPort or DPI based drives.

For a PowerFlex 700VC, I agree you'll want a 1203-USB and DriveTools/DriveExecutive.