Help W/Siemens

gas

I have a machine up in Toronto that runs a S7-200 with an ASI network. It's been sitting for a year and now they want me to help get it started. I have never used Siemens but have played around with the start up kit. I have the book and expect to scratch all the hair off my butt but just in case does anyone know the Canada help number?
Thanks

Dear,

In toronto, we have 1 888 303 3353 Siemens help desk.

Or you can call Shawn Dyson from Ontor Electrical 416 781 5286 his extension is 2239.

In case you are in toronto city I may help you if possible, my no. is 416 752 2172.

Regards,
ali

gas said:
Hey!

Thanks. This IS a great site.
You may not want to hear this but I have to spoil it for you.
If you have an S7-200 sitting for a year without power apllied to it periodically, chances are by now you have lost the code and everything else in the PLC.
They utilize super capacitors as batteries and they are not good for long periods of inactivity.
A couple of weeks maybe ok but more than that and chances are you will need to reload your stuff.
I've had machines that came in form Germany and Austria, sat in a warehouse for a few months and when the customer turned the power on disocevered that they were faulted.
And since they are kind of cheap, they purchase used equipment "as is" which means, no code in any shape or form to re-load.
So I re-wrote it for them.
And they did go ahead and done it again as if the first time wasn't good enough!
Worked out well for me but you should be aware of what you are about to get into!

gas said:
I have a machine up in Toronto that runs a S7-200 with an ASI network. It's been sitting for a year and now they want me to help get it started. I have never used Siemens but have played around with the start up kit. I have the book and expect to scratch all the hair off my butt but just in case does anyone know the Canada help number?
Thanks
By the way, I'm in Montreal for a couple more days and the weather is gorgeous.
This will make up for the spoiler on the previous post!

Thanks again guys.

Returned from Toronto yesterday. Some mechanical and electrical problems but the program was still in memory and was the correct one.
This product uses a S7-200 with an ASI unit. I thought that I could use an ethernet connection to go online with the ASI card. No such luck, and both serial ports were taken up with barcode readers.
Is there a way to network the readers and PC comms?

Best way would be to fit an ethernet module for the s7-200. I would guess the ports are possibly in freeport mode for the barcode readers so you would have to switch this to ppi to talk through one of these to microwin and you would have to unplug the barcode reader etc