ELAU Max-4

123jaop

Hello,
The issue is that I have a machine with a PLC ELAU MAX-4 modules and a WAGO PROFIBUS, I monitor some of this data with a PLC SCADA, ELAU OPC server requires that you have the original application (the file *.pro) in CoDeSys, which I have not since the manufacturer machine does not give, if this is not possible communication. as protocol that is required is using this PLC by RS232 or Ethernet you have available. Anyone know?
Thank you very much.

Hola,
El asunto es que tengo una maquina con un PLC ELAU MAX-4 y unos modulos wago en profibus, deseo supervisar algunos datos de este PLC con un sistema Scada, el OPC server de ELAU requiere que tenga la aplicacion original (el archivo .pro) en CodeSys, el cual no tengo ya que el fabricante de la maquina no lo entrego, si este no se puede realizar comunicacion. Lo que
requiero es cual es protocolo que usa este PLC por el puerto RS232 o Eternet
que tiene disponible. Alguien lo sabe ??
Muchas gracias.

Dear 123jaop,

You can upload the program from your Max-4 controller if you have EPAS4 program.
To upload by RS232, you should have RS232 cable only, while to upload with Ethernet, you should know the IP address of controller.
Connect Computer with RS232 with the Max-4.
Open the EPAS4 program, open File, open project from PLC.
The program will be uploaded from the controller. Save it, it will save with extension .pro.
I hope this is helpful.
ali.

EPAS4Fig1.jpg

Dear 123jaop,
While uploading the files, do you get the messages, uploading xxxxx bytes etc.
Becasue I had the problem, files would upload and termiante without any message and would say that missing compiled file etc.
Actually I was making mistake in saving the file to D: drive, which was the default,CD drive, w/o cd in it. Once I changed option and saved it to C: drive, I got the project file opened.
At present, I do not have the screen shots of my problem situation, but if this is not helpful, I will post the file with screenshots.
Regards,
ali

Dear 123jaop,

I attach the screenshot of my problem.

But then I realised that I was saving the file in default drive, D:, which was CDRom drive without a cd.Hence, the file was not saved resulting in missing project file.

You could also go to Codesys forum,
http://forum-en.3s-software.com/

What software are you using to upload the file? Is it EPAS4?

Hope this helps. Regards.

what you are trying is impossible, uploading a .pro file can only be done if it is saved on the PLC as .pro file not compiled etc.
and yes for this OPC to work you will need the original program.
however you can use the Markers for your data they arwe free available, if they are programmed in the original file.
otherwise impossible to get data from your PLC.

ask elau if they have a function block in codesys, easy and fast.
you just put the block in your program and connect the in and outs to an address, if not in function block.

if not check oscat.de