S7-1200 hsc

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having problem configuring the HSC of my S7 1200.
I have configured it to i0.0 and just for testing I have switches to turn the signal on and off. However, there is no output for the count for me to compare?
I read something about that it by default wrote it to a word. Standard: ED1000. I tried it but when I used it the program wouldn't allow me to insert it. It became red. Maybe someone can do a simple program for me so I can see how you configure and use it.

Further I have noticed there is no reset on the HSC. Do I reset it by sending 0 to the CV?

When you can convince me that you read the S7-1200 manual, the Step7-Basic help and...
stop asking all your questions at more than 1 forum......
I am willing to help you. 👨🏻‍🏫

If you want my opinion I think siemens need better manuals. I understand the manual AFTER I have asked questions and searched the internet. It shouldn't have to be like that. Maybe I'm stupid or maybe siemens need to hire some regular people to make their manuals ;)

However I found the page and it should be ID1000. Hope this works.

Last edited:
The manuals are enough to get you started learning the special function's and the online FAQ'a are the best i've seen. Remember the S7-1200 is aimed at guys like yourself. Not having the time to learn could be a significant issue here. I remember when i first started to do a bit more tham wiring motors and sensors i use to take home a plc with most nights and play at home "off the clock".

I read something about that it by default wrote it to a word

Cool, you already know half of it, "wrote to a word" is good bunch of keywords. Which manual? Find it, and re-famaliarise yourself with that page. Possibly you still don't understand some of the terms used by Siemens such as MDxxx (not EDxxx). If this IS the case then unfortunatelyyou probably should just back the truck up a bit and get yourself familiar with the BASIC terminology first.

A pleed from me to you: Don't continually get yourself neck high in ****. You'll get fired.

The manuals are good, but they still demand that you know something about it from the beginning, like the adressing. I haven't been working with it and a little example in a small picture wouldn't be to mush to ask in a manual. Yes, the online faq is great, but still, the stuff that is told there should also somehow be incorporated in the manual. You shouldn't have to go and download blocks etc for a simple hourcounter.

By asking questions here and on other forums I've been able to use the manual , but with the manual alone. I would stil be lost.

I'm starting to understand the terminology and adressing. But in the beginning I had no clue and this ED was an example. I have never used it myself but I came over it from siemens FAQ. It stated

"The initial address for the high-speed counter HSC_1 is ED1000 by default."

This is where I got confused.

And unfortunally I don't get what you meen with your last sentence :/

I don't claim the manuals are BAD just that they aren't the best I've seen.

Dear sir,

I would like to add that at times, actually many. times i was stumbled while learning new functions and since i was self learning i had difficulty understanding the manual and like holding a straw would ask as manypeople i could to get the aanswer. hoping that someone would. understand my non tachnical english and solve my problem.
At time i also was reprimanded for not reading the manual, but the problem was that i was looking at the manual but not SEEING the answer, which was pointed out to me by a member.
S o please help however you can without asking me to post the query in Queens english, I and all the. seekers will be indebted to you for your kind gesture.
Kind regards,