Help needed!!!

bazmc

Hi Lads.

Complete newbie to plcs but I'm tring to learn. Can somebody let me know how would I design a ladder circuit for a bottle reject station if a bottle is found with no cap installed.
2 sensors looking at the bottle. cap sensor A detect bottle and sensor B looking down into the bottle if no cap presented . And sensor for reject, and a confirmation sensor that’s it’s rejected. If reject failed stops the line and 3 in a row it stops the line.
Need it on a fairly simple layout so I can start to learn from it. Using Tia portal V13

Nobody here is interested in doing your homework for you.
Start by making a complete list of the inputs available and the outputs you'll be controlling. Write a description of normal operation and then write a description of what should happen when your sensors detect the abnormal condition.
Also, show us what you've tried so far, what works and what doesn't.
If you're willing to do that you'll find people willing to help. Otherwise, you won't.

Steve Bailey has given you the best advice and here is some additional info.
This info is not for the software/PLC that you are using. If you have access to RSLogixPro there are 4 files/examples of Bottle line exercises located in the Downloads Section in the Allen Bradley folder.

Last edited:
Ive been googling worked out exercises examples so I can try to apply but can't find any. Ive just started plc's and ive seen a conveyor at work which does this and thought it might be easy but can't get my head around it. I'm not asking for my homework to be done but just that I could apply something that ive seen to understand it all easier. Ive picked up a siemens s7 1200 plc and using Tia portal v13 software

The questions you were asking were very similar to a classroom example. I have no training whatsoever in Siemens. If you think it will help, I can download the files I mentioned and print them to a .pdf document. I could then upload/attach them here to the thread.

Edit:
See attached files.

Last edited: