Minotaur MSR127 safety relay - voltage on safety input?

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I am a bit confused regarding a safety relay from Allen Bradley. We have a 230VAC model. I can't find what voltage there is supposed to be on the safety input? Acording to the wiring diagram in the manual it seems like it is the same as the voltage input, 230VAC (or 24VDC if you have a 24VDC model). But when I meassure I get 34VDC, this also seems a little bit odd to me. Anyone has any inputs on this?

The two channels are from S11 and S21.

Here is the manual link: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/440r-in060_-mu-p.pdf

/Tim

SafetyRelay.jpg

It does look like S11 and S21 are 'connected' to Supply (A1 and A2) doesn't it?...:unsure:

The Minotaurs are pretty old relays, however, I don't believe, ever, a Safety Input will carry Line voltages, especially 230 VAC.

Even the 24 VDC models do not carry voltages over their Safety Input circuitry but proprietary pulse signals which will show up on a scope but not on an ordinary meter; EStop Safety Input circuitry is usually troubleshooted against required continuity over the relevant Safety Input circuit.

I am usually following the manufacturer's Wiring Examples:

Untitled.jpg

The safety inputs are 24vdc regardless of the units supply voltage if memory serves.

Edit: Check out technote 34783, better wiring examples.

Thanks alot for this clarification!

Yes I wire according to the manufacturer ofcoarse but I need to wire the correct colors aswell :)