HMI Similar to RSView32? AB Interface

plchacker

Hello,

I hated to see RSView32 bite the dust. It seemed to be on a steady decline with the advent of Factory Talk View. I'm doing work for a small startup that will have about twenty small production machines, each with its own MicroLogix 1100. The customer would like a PC based HMI that can display basic information from each machine.

View32 would have been perfect for this application but obviously that is not possible anymore. Are there any suggestions?

In addition to Paully's5.0 suggestions (Ignition being my personal choice), FactoryTalk View SE is the dedicated Rockwell Software RSView 32 replacement.

A 15 Display limit FactoryTalk View SE Station (9701-VWSB015AENM) will run some $2300; the FTVSE Station deployment does not allow HMI Screens or application data sharing between the stations.

A 25 Client limit FactoryTalk View SE Server (9701-VWSS025LENM) will cost around $5100 and will allow 25 client HMI PCs to connect to the application server while sharing data and HMI screens.

In addition to Paully's5.0 suggestions (Ignition being my personal choice), FactoryTalk View SE is the dedicated Rockwell Software RSView 32 replacement.

A 15 Display limit FactoryTalk View SE Station (9701-VWSB015AENM) will run some $2300; the FTVSE Station deployment does not allow HMI Screens or application data sharing between the stations.

A 25 Client limit FactoryTalk View SE Server (9701-VWSS025LENM) will cost around $5100 and will allow 25 client HMI PCs to connect to the application server while sharing data and HMI screens.
Thanks,

I just downloaded Ignition. I have not had a chance to play with it yet, but so far so good. I never understood why View32 was dumped. SE is okay, but not nearly as user friendly or capable from my viewpoint. I have converted older projects to SE but never with decent luck. Thanks..

Thanks,

I just downloaded Ignition.

Hope you like it, be sure to checkout the free training at inductiveuniversity.com

As for RSView32, it's old/dated technology. Not good at all for large scale distributed systems and I'm sure would be problematic in today's virtual/terminal server/64 bit world. I'm no fan of SE as Rockwell didn't do anyone any favors with it. Especially not being able to replicate the leverage VBA had in RSView32. The fact that SE still use VBA and limits it to screens is a bit of a joke....but I've moved on :)

Hope you like it, be sure to checkout the free training at inductiveuniversity.com

As for RSView32, it's old/dated technology. Not good at all for large scale distributed systems and I'm sure would be problematic in today's virtual/terminal server/64 bit world. I'm no fan of SE as Rockwell didn't do anyone any favors with it. Especially not being able to replicate the leverage VBA had in RSView32. The fact that SE still use VBA and limits it to screens is a bit of a joke....but I've moved on :)

I've already been to the university. :) Thanks again. it looks great so far. I agree that View32 is not able to run with the bid dogs today. Honestly though I think it was the peak of RS HMI's.

thanks again, gotta hit the road.