Micrologix 1000 STI questions

dougmo52

I'm running in the free emulator, no hardware available. I can't seem to figure out how to get the STI to fire. It seems this should be one of the easiest things to get working. I'm puzzled.

I have a simple rung in STI_INT of " INT ADD N7:20 1 N7:22". I'm just adding 1 with each call since I can't see a simple INC instruction anywhere. I see no changes in N7:22 and I have tried replacing the ADD with a simple bit toggle and can't see it changing. I'm thinking the STI_INT program file isn't getting called.

The timer is enabled with the interval set to 50. The docs say I don't have to use the STS instruction but I am puzzled about the file number to pass if I do call it, and what I should see in S:31 for the 1000 defaults. Is the STS file number 5 because that's the program file for the STI_INT in the 1000?

Welcome to the Forum!
See this link I found with Google. I have no idea if it will help.
http://www.judiwa.com/2011/02/02/how-to-setup-micrologix-sti-function/

Keep in mind there are some instructions available that the Emulate software won't run. Maybe just PID stuff. Off the top of my head, I can't remember what they are but someone on here knows and should jump in.

Last edited:
I'm running the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite. I've read the Micrologix 1000 STI section and the STI help in the IDE. The image from the google search is intriguing but I don't find a user interrupt enable in the micrologix 1000 data files. It's got to be some simple thing I'm missing. Since STI_INT is fixed at program file 5, it should just run if I meet all of the init requirements.