RSlogix500 Version Conversion

Scooter

Hello, I have a RSLogix500 project that was written using version 7.1. I have version 6.0 and can not open it. I get "File open failed-file is corrupt or user does not have access to open project" When I connect to the CPU I get "Not a SLC etc."

I was wondering if there was a way to convert this from version 7.1 to 6.0. If not than mabey a kind soul could read the project and capture the ladder to a .pdf or document file so I can print it out and re-do it in ver.6.0
Thanks

You have 2 problems. Opening the file for whicvh you can probably ahve the creator export it and its documentation to the APS format. Then you could import it.

But secondly you can't connect to the CPU because it probably is newer than what your revision supports. That won't be fixed by the program export/import.

From AB Knowledgebase

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=36596&p_created=1158120000&p_sid=*AWNLp2j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NTMsNTMmcF9wcm9kcz01MCwzODEmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0yLjM4MSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9UlNMb2dpeCBSZXZpc2lvbg**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited:
If you PLC has been flashed for V7.1 then you will have to buy at least V7.1 to be able to communicate with it.

Edit - Bernie beat me to it.

Thanks for quick responses,
I can connect to the processor, In RSwho it shows up with the program name of NCNF but when I try to Upload I get the message: Not a SLC.
The processor is a 1747-L551 Ser.C Rev.A Fac OS OS501 Ser.C Frn 10 it was mfg on 01/08.

If it is a processor problem I have a spare that I know will work. It is a 1747-L551 Ser.C Proc Rev 5 OS501 Ser.C Frn 10 two years old.

What I wanted to do was to get a print out of the ladder, Manually code it using version 6.0 and load it into my spare processor.

I really do not want to upgrade RSlogix$$ as there are only a few plc's here I use it for, Heck it is running on a P2 laptop W/WIN 98

Also, I am using the Starter Version of RSLogix.

Last edited:
Thanks Bernie, While I will be in uncharted waters trying to do this I will give it a shot when I get back to work.

This looks interesting.

abphoto.jpg

Last edited:
Scooter said:
.... If not than mabey a kind soul could read the project and capture the ladder to a .pdf or document file so I can print it out and re-do it in ver.6.0
Thanks
I opened this with RSLogix Version 6.0 It was printed with the free 995pdf printer program.The computer is using Windows Millenium Edition for the operating system.

Here is the pdf conversion you asked for.

Last edited:
Bernie, when I try to open the ACH file I get: "File could not be loaded error in data table area".

jrwb4gbm, Thank's for the .pdf file it should do the trick.

Thanks all for the help....