How to upload project from Panelview 1000+

coacht

Need some help again. I finally got the software in for our panelview 1000+ but I am still having trouble getting the project to upload. I bought the Factory Talk View ME 5.0 How do I upload a project:confused:. It seems a little different from panelbuilder 32. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You need to use the ME Transfer Utility.
Under the ME Transfer Utility, goto the Upload tab.
Point to the targeted PanelView 1000+ and click the upload button.

348423-01.jpg

Last edited:
Where is that function located. When I pull up the software after I have installed it all I see is a window showing F1 for Load application F4 for terminal settings and F8 for exit. I do not have a old program. A outside company has all of our programs and we need to had a couple of pushbuttons so we were going to try and do them ourselfs. Thanks for your help.

Hi Coacht, are you trying to upload program from the PanelView Plus terminal? You can only upload program from your PC that is connected to your PanelView Plus terminal.
Just to make thing clear, upload means get the HMI program file in your PanelView Plus terminal into your PC and download mean get your HMI program file from your PC into the PanelView Plus terminal.
Are you using PanelView Plus 1000 or PanelView 1000 (the "plus" make a lot of difference)? You can only use PanelView Plus with Factory Talk View ME and PanelView with PanelBuilder32 only.

allentcm
I am using Panelview Plus 1000. The only problem I am having now is I need to configure a driver to run with my PCMK card. What do you suggest? Again thanks for your help!!

allentcm
I am using Panelview Plus 1000. The only problem I am having now is I need to configure a driver to run with my PCMK card. What do you suggest? Again thanks for your help!!

What does the PCMK card have to do with the PV+? Use ethernet to upload/download applications with the PV+.

So I guess you can not upload the PV+ through the PLC port with DH+

Its possible IF you have the correct model PV+ but it can be a lot easier with the ethernet port.

Sounds like your system may be a PV+ connected to a 5/04's DH+ port or something similar? So, the PV+ supports DH+? If so, then yes, you should be able to.

Ok guys. Again thanks to everyone who has help me out with this project. But I have another problem or I am at the next step of the the process. I got the program uploaded but I am unable to edit and had the two momentary Push Buttons that we need to add. I am able to view the program on my laptop and can go from page to page but how to I edit the program. Thanks again for all the help!

Did you do a project restore and this is under the application manager. This will convert for lack of a better word the .mer to a editable file.
Also, do you know what version it was created in and what version are you using?
Also if you can post the file you uploaded someone may be able to help.

Hope this helps.

Depending on the version it was developed in, you can't just upload a PV+ program and edit it. It's not like a regular PanelView. You will need the original .APA file that the .MER was compiled from.

There is an exception if it was done using version 5.0, then you can decompile the .MER file using the application manager. This is not perfect either, we've had a few experiences where parameter files became fubar'd after the decompile.

It is possible to decomplie older versions using some AB directed "tricks", however parameter files will be lost and so will the alarms.

It's best to get the original .APA file if you can, saves a lot of hassle.

I believe it was developed in 3.1 I do not have the APA file. I am with a new company and they have no backups and no one knows whom to call to get them. I have purchased the 5.0 version and had no problem uploading it but looks like I uploaded it in run version. Any mor help will be greatly appreciated!!

ok guys i was wrong I have the original file it was created in but it is not up to date with the one that shows on the screen. HELP PLEASE!!!

ok guys i was wrong I have the original file it was created in but it is not up to date with the one that shows on the screen. HELP PLEASE!!!

You're pretty much SOL.

Is there ANY documentation with this machine/system? Anything that would say "CompanyXYZ" with a phone number?