Powerflex 40 IP address

Do anyone have a sample MSG program that I can look at the setup screen, and how the bits are programmed to control the powerflex 40.

You may send it to [email protected]

Thank you.

Aaron

Aaron:

There are examples in the Knowledge Base Article I listed. If I have time tonight, I will see if I can help you with that.

Stu......

Sample program

I attached copy of sample program i made, can you see if this is correct as far as command to jog the motor.

I attached copy of sample program i made, can you see if this is correct as far as command to jog the motor.

It would be better if you posted the RSLogix RSS File so we can see everything that will affect the Message Instruction Reference. Based on what you have shown, I don't think that will work.

Did you Download and Print Out the Rockwell Knowledgebase Article that Honga and I posted?

Some suggestions:

Set up a separate N File just for communicating with the PF40.
After each Update and Revision post the full RSS File. (Zip it first) This will allow us to see everything that we need to, and Edit the Program, and re-post it for you to review.

Stu....

RSS file zipped

RSS file is attached, please review it for me and I need your help. Sorry it took me a while; I was busy at work all day.

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron:

Here is the RSS File back. I basically followed the AB Tech Note. You never have answered my question. Have you read it?

I added some Diagnostic Files for the Communications Channels. I used N20 for the PF40 Communications File, and N21 for the Message Control Files. I tried to comment it so you can see what is going on. Read the Tech Note over carefully.

Stu....

Thank you, I got the file and will try it out in the next hour. I was sick last night that’s why I could not have replied your postings. I really appreciated your help.

I looked at this link which required user and password at http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52205
I could not understand it fully perhaps it is micrologix instead of SLC505; but I will look at it again.

Anyway thank you and I will run this program in an hour and I will post the results later today.

Aaron

Once again I like to thank you all for your help. I got the program to work except that I was getting a fault on the drive. The error code is F071. I was able to get readings from the drive but none of my command would execute due to the fault on the drive. Has anyone come across this kind of problem?
Thanks

Aaron

That fault means the drive lost its network connection. It is going to expect to see comms occur much faster than you are sending messages.

That is why to do what you want, you need to send a message to set the message timeout paramter in the drive to a greate value to avoid that fault.

I thought the example code explained that, but I have not looked at it in a couple of years. We had one working with several drives I can look at:

Set up another MSG to write a value of 5 or more (seconds) to N42:3. This will change parameter A106 "Comm Loss Time" and will let the drive happily keep running without receiving any MSGs for the time you write.

I hope you have a hardwired method to stop the drive. Doing this with a SLC is not deterministic and can be dangerous.

Once again I like to thank you all for your help. I got the program to work except that I was getting a fault on the drive. The error code is F071. I was able to get readings from the drive but none of my command would execute due to the fault on the drive. Has anyone come across this kind of problem?
Thanks

Aaron

Aaron:

In the first Message instruction that writes from N20:3 to N42:3 in the PF40. Try changing N20:3 to a larger number, like say 10. This is the Communications Timeout value for the PF40.

Stu....

Thanks

Aaron

It also wouldn't hurt to check the PLC Program for Typos. :ROFLMAO:

Stu.....