about slc5/03 and the 1747uic

josestasiw

hi everybody,
I need to know if there are requirements not mentioned in the 1447-UIC manual (attached a picture of the device I have), about the operating system of the computer that maybe you know, because I can not communicate and I have followed the manual.
Also I like to know if there is a specific version of rslinx perhaps 2.41 or 2.42 ??

I commented that I have:
- The operating system XP service pack 3
- A PLC slc5/03
- A cable cp3 1747 RA-1747-UIC-A-UPP.jpg
- The 1447-UIC device

someone please help me?

Last edited:
Is the serial port on your SLC5/03 configured for DH485 protocol?

Have you tried to connect to the SLC5/03's DH485 port with a 1747-C13 cable ( if you have one)

yeah i did ,I think I have to try in different USB port ... is configuration problem and find the actual port UIC to which I am connecting

If you dont have a reason for the older RSLinx then you should try a newer version and use the UIC driver

What position is your switch on?
What cable are you using with the UIC?
Can you connect with the serial port of the CPU? with a CP3 cable or cross over?

It certainly appears that you have configured the 1747-UIC device and RSLinx Classic correctly, so you should turn your attention to the controller.

The Channel 0 RS-232 port of the SLC-5/03 controller uses DF1 Full Duplex protocol by default.

The 1747-UIC only uses DH485 protocol on the network side. This can be confusing because it uses DF1 to communicate to the computer.

Therefore to use the hardware you describe (the 1747-CP3 cable and Channel 0), the SLC-5/03 Channel 0 must be configured for DH485 protocol.

If this were my system, I would try to connect to the Channel 1 port of the SLC-5/03 controller, which is a pure DH485 network port.

I have read on other forums that the new versions of RSLinx bring many problems ... I download the version 2.57 but still classic with the same problem .... I'm testing now with version 2.43professional but I can not solve the problem
I am using:

1747-CP3 cable to the port of the plc rsr232 slc5/03 because i dont have a 1747-c13 cable, dont have enough money to buy one

the switch is at position 232 (DH485)

could publish the download links of RSLinx please

Last edited:
I think Ken is onto your problem. If he is right, you are using a DH485 protocol device to try to connect to a serial port which is more likely to be configured for DF1 protocol.

Since you have the 1747-CP3 cable, have you tried to use it with the DF1 driver on a USB/serial converter or real serial port (wihtout the 1747-UIC)?

You can use a straight ethernet cable in place of the C13, if you use a cross over you will burn up and destroy the UIC cable, so make SURE its just a straight patch cable

But try like Paul said.... use a USB to RS232 then use the CP3 cable to your serial port on the CP3

It sounds like the Port or UIC is bad, if the straight Ethernet cable does not work then its your port on the CPU

yes, I have dealt with an older computer with OS XP service pack 2 which has serial port and i didn`t have problems, but now I bought a new computer without serial port and XP operating system serive pack 3.
that's why i bought these usb devices

If you don't have a program in the CPU you can set it to a factory default

If you do have a program on it, use the old PC and upload the program... and check if the DB9 port is configured to DH485, if not set it then you should be good

how can i configure the port as you indicate db9 working with full duplex DF1 protocol to work with DH485.........? thx