Adding IP Cameras To FactoryTalk SE

Jwiley

Has anyone added IP Cameras to a FactoryTalk SE application? I was hoping there was an easier way than using ActiveX and browsing to the Camera web server to stream live video to the application?

About a year ago, I tried to integrate an IP camera into a PanelviewPlus with no luck. If you find a way to do this, I will certainly be interested.

Steve

Working at a mine, we monitor everything... we use around 50-60 cameras and have them installed and currently running in FT SE. We are using VBA code and Microsoft Web Browser to get on the cameras web browser and create a FT display that is the size of that particular cameras online display... If that makes sense. I was just curious if anybody has used Cameras and done it differently? Basically just to give operators eyes to see a certain process or vehicles approaching etc..

So if there is not requirement that you share data with FTViewSE, why not just allow the camera management software to run as an application on the base PC? This may mean altering the user/security settings of the host PC/server.

Oh, but it appears you have a solution working through active x, but it limits you how?

I would personally, open up the host OS security to allow the camera management software run alongside FTView, based on user login credentials, but that would need to be fully vetted before I'd trust it. Why burden FTView with "contain-ering" a video stream?

This topic is old but I'm trying to add IP camera image to FTView SE, can anyone reccomand me the best way to do it? So far i have no idea how to approach it.