insufficient resources exist to support alarm and event functionality

Engrlife

I am getting the following error on factory talk and cant find any explanation for it "insufficient resources exist on WTP_PLC to support alarm and event functionality.

Any suggestions on what it could be? I have an compact logix 5332E PLC. My first thought was communication issues as there was issues over night, but those are resolved and scada is getting data but I cant clear the alarm

Is "WTP_PLC" the name of your PLC? Is there enough memory available in your PLC?

Based on what I found in the Rockwell Knowledgebase, this can be caused by the PLC running out of memory, or insufficient disc space, or creating too many backups of the FTView application.

FYI for anyone having this problem the only thing I could do to fix this was to power cycle the PLC

I've had the issue when your PLC is out of memory. It was an old PLC that had a lot of people on it over the years. Even doing simple online edits was starting to get dodgy.

I upgraded from a L61 to L72 and it was fine after (I went up to the 72 because we were removing 51s and the 61 could be used in its place).

edit - old as in it went from original project to several upgrades and a lot of customer features added by the original installer and others.