upload program from Moeller ps to prg without original program.

RyanSu

Hi everyone, there are a moeller PS416 CPU223 in my hand, so I tried to upload the program from PS(PLC) to DRIVE(computer) without original program, and I have obtained computer which appropriate condition for communication, UM1.5, sucosoft S30 version 2.30. After connection done, it could control the running and stop of PS. But screen appeared message "the connection between PS and PRG is interrupted" after 30 seconds transfer PS to DRIVE. I don't known what element would interrupt the communication, and how to upload program from ps to prg without original code? Someone help me to result the trouble timely, thanks here!

I have never done a PS416 but on the PS4-3xx and below, you cannot upload the program from the PLC to the controller. There is a way to get a binary file that you can copy to another PLC but not get the source code.

The 416 is more advanced and may include a memory storage card that someone may have uploaded the program to but I'm just not sure.

Did you call your local Moeller support or e-mail Moeller in Germany?

Thank you first for your reply. I just want to make a backup of program, for avoid trouble what reply new PS no original code. I don't want to modify or edit it. Could you tell me how upload binary file of program from PS to computer? How copy the binary file to another PS? And the ps416 no memory card in my hand.

I have E-mail to Moeller support, but they not resolve this problem really and timely.

Last edited:
I have never done anything with a 416 only the smaller PS4 systems. I don't even have Sucosoft installed on my computer anymore. I believe in the same module where you are doing the starting and stopping of the program there is a file transfer utility. I think you have to change the file type an it will let you upload the binary image file.

Again, this is from memory, not actual testing. Please do not rely on this information as 100% accurate.

I contacted Moeller's expert they told me s30 s316 could upload from PS to PC, but not explain whcih file or code they uploaded. Now I think the communication shoud correct by reason of it was able to control and monitor the status of PS with S30. Why to appeared the message(connection interrupted)? Moeller's expert told me maybe my computer too fast(my pc cpu is 133Mhz). But I think whether it didn't find corresponding program or code in PC while execute transfer. I don't know whether it is correct with my mind. Now the problem still exist and no farther process, but I have learned much informations of Moeller plc through this case in this forum.

I have successfully upload a p6w file from ps to pc, but I try to download this file to ps it appeared the message again(the connection interrupted), I dont know what wrong with it, I tested it under same condition. Could someone assist me?

Download program to CPU223

In order to download a program to a moeller CPU223 you need to use an old computer (486 with DOS) or Windows2000 in a DOS box.

If anyone need to converte S30 program to S40, you send me the original source code and module configuration, I will do my best to help you to converte it.
[email protected]

Hi,

Could you please help me to inform the procedure to upload the program from PS4-141-MM1? It is in one of the molding machine installed in a factory.

I've installed Sucosoft V5 in my laptop.

Please, guide me to upload it, I've also requested to machine manufacturer, but no response till now.

Write me on my mail ID: [email protected].

Thank you.

regards,
Rajendra