TIA Portal, bit to word... ?

userxyz

Hello,

I need to trigger bits in a Word.
This for a 315 CPU in TIA Portal, placing .b0 behind it will not work :)

w.png

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
C

Hmmm

This is how I made it:

Code:
      L     #TempWord
      LAR1
      A     "STD VENTIEL VISU".EVP001."ALARM n"
      = [ AR1 , P#0.0 ]
      A     "STD VENTIEL VISU".EVP001."ALARM p"
      = [ AR1 , P#0.1 ]
      A     "STD VENTIEL VISU".EVP001."ALARM p n"
      = [ AR1 , P#0.2 ]
      A     "STD MOTOR VISU".M001."DRIVE ALARM"
      = [ AR1 , P#0.3 ]
      A     "STD MOTOR VISU".M002."DRIVE ALARM"
      = [ AR1 , P#0.4 ]
      L     #TempWord
      T     "ALARM INTERFACE"."Alarmwoord Unit 1"

This for making Alarm in a Comfort Panel... Integrated ??

TIA portal references use the following layout:

Word
.W0

Byte
.B0

Bit
.X0

As far as I know, the slice style addressing only works on the newer PLC's. If he is using a 300, he needs to do it the old fashioned way.

Combo,

There are two main ways I see.

1. Create a Struct with all 16 alarm bits (or an array) to access the individual bits. BlkMove the Struct into the Alarm word you want the HMI to look at.
  2. Use Absolute addressing, which is messy

Thanks

Thanks guys.

As far as I know, the slice style addressing only works on the newer PLC's. If he is using a 300, he needs to do it the old fashioned way.

Combo,

There are two main ways I see.

1. Create a Struct with all 16 alarm bits (or an array) to access the individual bits. BlkMove the Struct into the Alarm word you want the HMI to look at.
  2. Use Absolute addressing, which is messy