Wonderware Trends not working

jmullinstech

Hello all, new user here.
I am running intouch wonderware version 11 and having problems with trends on a new computer.

The historical logging is enabled and the specified folder for storage exists. In fact, the exact same application is trending on other computers. We just installed a new computer and even when i copy the trend files from one of the working computers the trends do not show up on the new one. It does not create a new file for today when starting up the program either. When I go to a trend page, the graph box is just blank with no grid lines at all.

I'm thinking I didn't install something correctly when I set up this computer but I've never set one up from the beginning like that so I don't know what to check. Any suggestions?

There are system tags that can monitor the status of functions like historical logging etc.
Have you checked the SMC logger to see if anything stands out related to logging?

Thanks for the response.
The only messages in smc logger are
ReadyEntryForWriting ExtendGetIndexEntry Failed
and
ExtendGetIndexEntry ReadEntry Failed

This is logging like 8 times every second

Also I noticed when starting window viewer and the 'initializing window' is loading, I never see 'initializing historical logging' come up like I do on other computers

I found that error was related to retentive files. Deleted those and it cleared but now I have have lots of other logs and none of them seem to be related to historical logging.

Just to be clear, all tags are updating and pulling in live values, just no trends for any tags.

based on the other messages, I wonder if you have some sort of windoze permissions issue with the historical logging location?

Can you try making the historical logging part "users\public\HistLoggerama" ?

It is currently c:/myfiles/histlog I created this folder so I don't believe there is a problem with the permissions to this directory. I'm thinking there is a part of wonderware package that is not installed or not configured properly but i'm not even sure what to look for because I don't know what processes are involved in the historical logging.