schematic diagram

jane nthambi

schematic diagram
I am currently working a plc project to improve an already running system whereby a pump is supposed to inject doses of a corrosion inhibitor product into the a fuel pipeline to protect its inner walls from corroding.The problem is that chances of wrong volume doses going in are there because the pump speed is constant and the flowrate in fuel mainline fluctuates due to other parameters like suction and discharge pressures ,speed of mainline booster pumps.etc
I would wish to have a situation whereby the flowrate of the dosing pump is proportional to the flowrate in fuel mainline probably using a speed variable dosing pump.I would
appreciate if you suggest a schematic diagram and any other information to assist me. regards,jane kavoi

I make similar equipment, what I do is use a flowmeter input to a plc(analog).as a set ratio of measured flow I give a output(digital)to a solenoid to a pneumatic wilden chemical injection pump.

Another solution is to use a flow meter with a pulse output. A counter in the PLC keeps track of pusles, and after the number of pulses is reached the pump runs for a preset time to inject the inhibitor dose required. This eliminates analog I/O and allows use of a constant speed pump. As long as the times are not excessive mixing in the pipe should disperse the inhibitor.

Total solution

Contact ProMinent (www.prominent.com) and ask for their standard solution for proportional to waterflow dosing systems.
Also most dosingpumps work with pulsecontrol: therefor you can connect the outgoing pulses of a watermeter (+GF+, Krohne, etc) directly to the dosingpump and enter a divider in the pump.
If you still want to do it with a PLC you can use 1 (better is several) counters to divide the pulses so the dosingpump gets a pulse (not run for pre-set amount of time for you do not know how amny trokes the pump will make)
For a program sample of a LOGO .lsc contact me.
John