IDEC HMI programming cable pinouts

flyers

Hi guys,

I'm looking IDEC HMI (HG3F) programming cable pinouts with my notebook on serial port. The cable should be HG9Z-XCM1A. I tried to browse the IDEC web, but no luck. I managed to get the manual on the HMI to all PLC pinouts, but it does not mention programming cable pinouts.

Hope to hear from you guys...thanks.

flyers,

See the attached PDF extracted from the IDEC manual. This is taken from the latest version of manual and software. Hope this helps.

Jon.

Jon R said:
flyers,

See the attached PDF extracted from the IDEC manual. This is taken from the latest version of manual and software. Hope this helps.

Jon.

Thanks for you info, but I think the cable to the PC should be 9 pin RS232. The cable part number should be HG9Z-XCM1A. Did you come across this cable configuration??

flyers said:
Thanks for you info, but I think the cable to the PC should be 9 pin RS232. The cable part number should be HG9Z-XCM1A. Did you come across this cable configuration??

The cable on the PDF is for a 9 pin RS232 port on a PC. The mini DIN plugs into the HG3F using Serial Interface 2.

I didn't come across the exact cable you were looking for but the XCM22 is a maintenance cable for connecting a PC to the screen, so it can be used for programming etc.

Why not try your local IDEC distributor if you are still unsure, as IDEC do have a habit of listing cables and then when you ask for them they tell you to use a different one.

Jon.

Jon R said:
The cable on the PDF is for a 9 pin RS232 port on a PC. The mini DIN plugs into the HG3F using Serial Interface 2.

I didn't come across the exact cable you were looking for but the XCM22 is a maintenance cable for connecting a PC to the screen, so it can be used for programming etc.

Why not try your local IDEC distributor if you are still unsure, as IDEC do have a habit of listing cables and then when you ask for them they tell you to use a different one.

Jon.

Jon,

Thanks for your replies & appreciate it. I'll check with them the difference.