'Communication between AB Panel View Plus 600 with micrologix 1200 controller'‏

The cable you were attempting to make is an RS485 electrical wiring cable. The TXD, RXD & COM signals are all you need for DF1 or DH485 protocol. As I said, make the other cores safe.

If you have null modem & PM02 cable combination working ok, I would stick to that.

I would still be curious to know if the RS485 cable worked. We only make up our own cables as the PV is some distance away from the controller.

Did you upgrade the firmware on the PV before loading the MER?
It's always good to know how to do these things.

Please do let us know your final setup.
Hello Geospark,
Thank you very much.
The system comm. now, I follow your and Ken's suggestion, make it works now, I checked PV+ fireware vision, then when I create runtime file, I choose the version is match the PV+vision. then make a cable according to your suggestion-one end of Rs232 connected to 1761-CBL-PM02's 9 pin end, and another end of RS232 changed to 4-2,7-3, 2-5 , then this end connect to PV+, so it works.
I am here to thank you and Ken as well as everybody!!!!

dear sir,
i use pm02 with rs232/usb to communicate ftview with rslinx enterprises its communicate with pick up online tag from plc. but when i create a runtime mean .mer file and transfer to the pen drive and pen drive to pv+600 isn't communicate. please help as soon as possible.
hardware is micrologix 1000 and nc21 cable and pv+600

dear sir,
i use pm02 with rs232/usb to communicate ftview with rslinx enterprises its communicate with pick up online tag from plc. but when i create a runtime mean .mer file and transfer to the pen drive and pen drive to pv+600 isn't communicate. please help as soon as possible.
hardware is micrologix 1000 and nc21 cable and pv+600

Hello,
I just followed Ken Roach, and it works. because it is for long time about 4 years, I have to back to memory, so will answer you tomorrow.
you'd better to ask Ken Roach, he is professor about this. he gave me a lot help. he has a lot experience about this. I will try to back, and reply tomorrow.

good luck!

ohk sir i will be waiting for the solution.

I remember: I use PM02 cable connected laptop with PLC 1200 and download PLC program to PLC 1200. and create a HMI runtime file in laptop and transfer to CompactFlash card. then insert CompactFlash card into HMI and transfer runtime file to HMI by using HMI's menu. next I use another serial cable, one cable end connected HMI and one cable end connect PM02 cable end and another PM02 cable end connect PLC. because serial cable has crossover and null. for this reason, I remerber that I switch(changed) 2 small wire in serial cable(not PM02) to satisfty serial cable pins requirement.( depend on what kind serial cable you used). then it works.
I followed Ken Roach's recommend for total process, please read Ken Roach's above recommend,
1. special for configuring :Only configure the Runtime tab in RSLinx Enterprise with a driver and a Shortcut to the MicroLogix.
2. Use a CompactFlash card to transfer the Runtime program to the PanelView. You'll have to copy it from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime folder on your PC, and put it in the proper [Root]:\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime folder on the CompactFlash card. Then use the File Management -> Copy Files feature on the PanelView Plus to copy the application into onboard memory.
3. use correct null cable ( note pins)
carefully Read Ken Roach's recommend.
This is all that I can back from my memember.

Good Luck.