Bridging Yokogawa PLC to AB PLC

I think someone else can explain it better than me but I think AB uses CIP as layer somewhere in Ethernet and this will be different from Yoko. I am just starting to learn this, ask me again in three months.

Im sure one of the AB gurus will help though

If you can use a pc then get something like Iconics DataWorX to bridge the data!!
Ive done it with Mitsubishi to Bradley's

Which Yokogawa and AB PLC's do you have in mind?

Looking at the data for the FA-M3 series Ethernet modules it appears that they only support in-house protocols for their own programming software, plus smtp & pop3. On the face of it there is no common high level protocol that they share with any AB PLC via Ethernet.

Much more promising is the F3LB01-0N Profibus DP module that supports multimaster networks. Depending on which AB PLC you are connecting to one of the following Woodhead modules will be applicable: Woodhead Profibus

We have used this kind of solution before with good success.