Auto Dial-in to AB Remote Access Modem

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been asked by the powers that be at my company if there is any way to automatically dial-in to a SLC 500 that is connected to a Remote Access Modem. I created an Excel document with DDE link to Linx and I can manually dial-in and retrieve data. I do this twice a day to create a log sheet of about 48 analog inputs. This works fine if I am in my office but it doesn't get done if I am out. Someone suggested doing this with Visual Basic but I don't have any experience with it.

Read up on using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) which is included with Excel. You simply write a script to automate the dialing and retrieving of data at certain times. It is really very easy to do, you just need to do some reading on VBA. Keep me informed.