Error Writing Port 0, Parameter 122 Value

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Morning all

Using PF 525, FTV 12, Studio 32.11

I am trying to download to the 525 and keep getting this

"Error Writing "0" to Port 0, Parameter 122 Value,Data Value Out of Range,(From Message: DPI: 81 00 :: 3.122.9)"
Parameter 122 changes the drive from "Velocity to Position". 0 or 1 respectively. Max value is 1

Checked the manual, couldn't discern the usable information to fix this

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Last edited:
My workflow for setting up new machines is like this:

• Inhibit all drive connections offline
  • Download program
  • Go offline
  • Download to each drive (you can download them from the tree while offline)
  • Un-inhibit all drives (still offline)
  • Re-download the program

ID: BF24075 | Access Levels: Everyone
PowerFlex 520 Series: Error Data Value Out of Range during offline download. Error writing to Port 0, Parameter 122 value

Besides inhibiting the drive, you may also need to place the controller into Program Mode.

Regards,
George

ID: BF24075 | Access Levels: Everyone
PowerFlex 520 Series: Error Data Value Out of Range during offline download. Error writing to Port 0, Parameter 122 value

Besides inhibiting the drive, you may also need to place the controller into Program Mode.

Regards,
George

They say do not download when offline, I'll challenge them on that one.

how?
''Inhibit all drive connections offline''

What I'm saying is that in your offline copy of the program, inhibit all of the drives. Then download the program to the controller. The reason I say do it off line and download is because it tends to be faster to open the drive properties offline than it is online when the drive is not yet communicating. You can certainly inhibit them while online if you prefer.

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem, I followed all the instructions and make other different combinations of things but still having the same problem.

Everything seems to be OK after I download to the drive, if I reopen the drive properties both configurations (project and physical) are the same but when I put it back uninhibit and the CPU to run the problem reappears, if I open the properties there is a mismatch between project and physical.

Obviously, If I try to download to the unhibit drive I have the same message than the first post.

Is like the drive is keeping its original configuration and discarding datalinks configuration.

Any ideas?

Rockwell charges us around $7000 for a 1 year Tech Connect subscription ... little bit crazy I think, taking in account that we pay to fix THEIR bugs.