HSC configure for flowmeters

Jorge A.

Hi Guys:
I have a question i am trying to config a hsc on CCW Micro 850 to measure the pulses for two flowmeters.
Do i need to use two hsc`s to read the pulses or i can do that with only one hsc?

Kind Regards.

You really need two. Theoretically you could put them together on one as long as they never flow at the same time and you knew which one was flowing, but that would be a kludge.

Depends a lot on the type of flowmeter and you'd still need to put something in between to choose which flowmeter was pulsing so that they'd be isolated from each other.

Do you have spare digital outputs?

I don't think it's a good solution (it definitely is not), but could be what's possible so long as your customer understands the limitations and potential issues that come with it.