Power Flex 40 won't start from keypad

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All. I have a Power Flex 40 that I am trying to run locally just to test a motor. I have a jumper from Terminal 1 to 11, P036=0, P038=0.....the respective LED's turn Green however, when I press the start button on the keypad the "Run" LED blinks real quick but doesn't stay on. No faults appear on the VFD either. Any ideas would be great. Thank you

I would do a factory reset of all the parameters.

It could have been setup for external control through Ethernet, Modbus or need an atypical input to run.

EDIT: I remember replacing a Lenze drive a customer bought a used one and had a printout from the machine OEM of about a dozen parameters that were not factory default, but the one they bought was changed for Modbus control and there was no 'Factory Reset" so I had to go through a couple hundred parameters and manually change them all back to the factory setting, or the OEM setting for the few.

Last edited: