Screen saver panelview plus 7 serie b

Hojland

Any good idea how to dim the display on a panelview plus performance serie b, at idel. Screen saver is not supported yet
I have don it in global connection, but is there another way to do it

Time-based condition, then.

You could write to a PLC tag by macro (screen number to DINT, or generically, a BOOL from any screen) indicating recent screen navigation and use a timer that resets on new navigation. If it elapses, write the desired brightness to the global connection tag.

There may or may not be some new FTView diagnostic data with the Series B indicating whether someone simply touched the screen. I haven't jumped into this yet since we've shipped so few of them.

Last edited:
They write in the manual that you must "Configure the terminal to dim
the screen when it is idle in
FactoryTalk View Studio" but they don't say how. My question is how to do it in factorytalk view studio without having to change my plc code

I am also curious about how to fix this issue. We installed a Plus 7 not knowing it was a series B until we powered it up and now we have no screen saver.

I would like to use the remote brightness control in the global connections to dim the touch screen when not in use, but I cannot find a tag in the HMI to indicate the amount of time since the screen was last pressed.

I've made our own screensaver routine and function because of this also.

Basically, you need to use the global settings in FTview, set up a screen number read tag and write tag. also set up the backlight intensity tag.

All screens need their own number, don't worry about using the screen goto tag for all screen changes, I just use it to send you back to the screensaver.

Timer condition of no activity between screen changes is what triggers it and after 5 minutes of no screen changes it kicks you back to the screensaver and drops the intensity. The entire screensaver screen is a large Goto button to return you to the Main screen and it resets the timer anytime a screen change is made and returns the intensity back to 100%.

It's not complicated, it could be better, but it works.