Micrologix 1500 com1 DF1 to Kinco DL070

microicRi

Hi to all,
Unfortunatelly I can not provide any help with PLC but will do on some other forum for microcontrolers.
I need help with PLC to panel communication using DF1 protocol. I need one rung with example how to send data from PLC to DL070 and how to send B3 file where I keep data for panel. All data are boolean. Panel has 4 buttons to control PLC program and 10 state bits to show progress of PLC program. How to send and rcv data to/from DL070?
Thanks for any help.
I am micro controler programmer and try to convert one of my program to PLC?.

I have no direct experience with the Kinco product line, but generally the HMI panel acts as the client (master), requesting the data it needs from the PLC which acts as the server (slave). The HMI initiates all data transfers. The PLC just responds to commands from the HMI.

I have no direct experience with the Kinco product line, but generally the HMI panel acts as the client (master), requesting the data it needs from the PLC which acts as the server (slave). The HMI initiates all data transfers. The PLC just responds to commands from the HMI.
Hi Steve, thanks for answer on my request. What I looking for is rung example of send and rung example of receive. I prepare convert table and set 2 words to be send from micrologix 1500 to hmi, but I dont know how to transfer it. I never use PLC before..
Thanks,
Damir

Normally you do not have to have a program in the PLC to send/recieve data to an HMI, the HMI requests or sends data, there should be a list of drivers in the HMI, it's just a matter of picking one, configure the parameters & addresses on the HMI & it will read or write them, never used that HMI but I assume it has the required protocols for many different PLC's

Just downloaded the kinco software, never used it before but here is a screenshot of the coms settings for micrologix so you do pick the protocol, configure it then add your tags, cannot try it as I do not have a ML PLC.

Protocol.png

Hi to all,
thanks for answers.
I already set all communication properties for HMI and PLC 1500.
Question is how to convert data table used by HMI to data table used by PLC.

What I want to achieve is that PLC send B3:0 file to HMI, but HMI does not have B3 as file in his memory table.
Here I try make conversion from B3:0/3 to B11:0/3, because B11 could be used by HMI. Is that a way to do it?
this is how data preparation is done and B11 could be read by HMI (didn't test jet)

caz1RHvmo2kAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I don't want to send any data from HMI straight to Output without to check it within program, that's why I try to have conversion data table.

Hi to all,
thanks for answers.
I already set all communication properties for HMI and PLC 1500.
Question is how to convert data table used by HMI to data table used by PLC.

What I want to achieve is that PLC send B3:0 file to HMI, but HMI does not have B3 as file in his memory table.
Here I try make conversion from B3:0/3 to B11:0/3, because B11 could be used by HMI. Is that a way to do it?
this is how data preparation is done and B11 could be read by HMI (didn't test jet)

I set LADDER / LADDER but there is no attached data?

I don't want to send any data from HMI straight to Output without to check it within program, that's why I try to have conversion data table.

You could use the COPY function i.e. COP #B3 #B11 or vice versa or just take each bit & make it equal the other bit in ladder

XIC B3:0/0 OTE B11:0/0
----| |-----------------( )
When I tried on Kinco software & ran it in simulation (on a Mitsubishi) my anti virus said there was a virus in the compiled program so I deleted the softwre, this was downloaded directly from the Kinco site so be careful.
See page 5.12 of this manual

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Thanks for reply,
Parky I did exactly that, and now I see your response.
I establish communication with KInco, but there is a error "Communication error" which appear each time PLC is off, which should be normal, but it is not come ON LINE after PLC start again. Each time after power up both unit at same time I got that alarm. Is there any idea about it, except I delay power up of HMI?

On other side my PLC not go in RUN mode after power up.
I am sorry for so many questions, but I am very new to PLC. I try to implement all my knowledge from micro controller programming and read solutions for PLC but sometimes I need help.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it very much.
Damir

You need to go on-line to the PLC and check the error message I do not have RSL500 at the moment but do some diagnostics, sorry I cannot remember how but it should be from a pull down menu or a tab at the top of the bar, there it will give you possible errors i.e. programming error perhaps I/O configuration, memory areas not large enough there are some diagnostics bits in processor status that will help, perhaps if you post screenshots of those errors.
It's some time since I used RSL but there are plenty here who use it all the time & I'm sure they will help, as for coms errors that could be many things.