Allen Bradley Firmware

IvanJoseph

Hi. A Easy question for you guys but I can't search for an answer.

I have a Controllogix with a firmware of 20.13 and RIO Compactlogix with a firmware of 20.12. Should I upgrade also the Compactlogix firmware to 20.13?

Hi IvanJoseph.

My personal preference is to keep the major revisions the same and not to worry about the sub-revisions unless there is a known issue between them i.e. there are some issues between V20.01 and V20.03 but I believe V20.04 has sorted most of them out.
I am not aware of any issues between the firmwares that you have listed so if there are no problems and you are not worried about it then leave it. If you are concerned about it then update them to match.

Cheers
Guy

Similar Topics

Good day is there somewhere i can see the situation and compatibility regarding different firmware revisions. I have a 2711-K5A5, series H and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am working on a rebuilt AB-Ultra series drive (1998) and the firmware for the drive is needed to test and use the drive. I would...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is my very first thread. I am a PLC enthusiest and am setting up an AB compactlogix 1769-L35E controller with some relays at home to play...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have several SLC-500 based systems. The user interfaces are PanelView 2711-TC1 touchscreens with firmware revision 3. I purchased a...
Replies
Views
Dear team, I am trying to update the firmware of allenbradley panelview550 model 2711-K5A2 keypad type with previous firmware...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom