PowerFlex 70 Stop Assertd issue

mgostovich

We are running a power flex 70 connected to a Delta V and I cannot get the drive to start because I am getting a STOP ASSERTD message on my HMI. I cannot start it manually or through the Delta V.

Any Answers or thoughts???

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Is the connection hardwired, or over a network like DeviceNet or EtherNet/IP ?

Usually the Stop Asserted message means exactly what it says: something is holding a STOP signal true.

One common one is the digital inputs: DI1 is by default a STOP signal that has to be wired True to remove the STOP command.

That's inverse from the STOP bits in a network command. DI1=TRUE means "do not stop", while Bit 0 of the command word = TRUE means "stop".

There's a parameter that tells you which DPI adapter (onboard inputs, network, etc) is issuing the stop command; I know it's called "Stop Owner" but I don't have a PF70 manual at my fingertips to tell you which parameter number it is. I think there's an "owners" section of the parameter list to tell you which part of the drive's control structure is issuing starts and stops and reference commands.

It is hard-wired in a classroom setting. I even tried removing the DI's one at a time and restarting it but nothing changed. When I loop at the DI settings, DI1 is set as "STOP-CF". should I change that to "not used"?

Thanks for the help