PCB Manufacturing

Hello, I have recently started at a new company and currently in charge of setting up the tolerances for our AOI(s) to judge all of our many different PCBs. I got thrown into this and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for the settings of different components; we are using IPC class 2. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I worked in a PCB shop for a little too long. [Beware of any PCB shops named after objects in the solar system]

The best way, because different boards will have different tolerances, is to set up the AOI's with tags and have each PCB job have its own recipe.

The recipe UDT would be:
Job Number
Square Feet of Cu per panel
Tolerance_1
Tolerance_2
Tolerance_3...........

Return parameters of:
Pass_1
Pass_2
Pass_3............

Last edited: