Any harm rolling a PanelBuilder32 project back to an earlier firmware rev?

strantor

A tech at a remote facility had a PV550 **** out (Err 690 DH+ hardware failed). He took it out and sent it to me, and going by the label on the back, it's a 2711-K5A8, Rev B, FRN 2.00.

I purchased a used 2711-K5A8, Rev B, FRN 2.00 from eBay, uploaded the project from the bum terminal, and when I went to download it into the "new" one, I got "Error (4005) - File is NOT compatible with terminal."

I checked the settings in the project I uploaded and it says "2711-K5A8 PV550 key, FRN 4.10-4.xx." So I suppose someone upgraded the firmware at some point or replaced a board inside, whatever board contains the firmware.

I changed the firmware setting in the project to "2711-K5A8 PV550 key, FRN 2.00-2.xx." and then I was able to download it to the "new" PV550. It seems to have worked, but I can't test it because the machine it goes to is in another state.

I'm wondering if it's safe to send this or if I need to upgrade the firmware and download the 4.10-4.xx program.

You might want to test it. Or send it to the customer to test.

I think there were new items added around v3.8x of PanelBuilder because I know if a project was created with v3.83 it can not be opened with v3.81.

Said that, if no new objects are used it might run fine.