G120C DP 1910 Fault

Hello everyone. I have a project with Robot that I use, communication is provided by Profibus. I will add a conveyor to this project, for this I need to use the G120C DP driver given to me. When I make a project starting from scratch between the drive and the S7-300, the conveyor works without any problems. However, when I add this project to the project I am using, the driver and plc go into error, and the driver shows the 1910 error. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't solve this problem, can you help me please? I have shared the link of the project below.

Link
https://*****/t-Re31VkXwyG

Is the error referring to p1910 or F1910?
p01910 is the motor identification parameter. To clear that you just need to set up the drive to take a set of readings from the motor. I haven't downloaded the file, but if you're using TIA then you can do this using the commissioning wizard and then use the commissioning control panel to manually run the drive and allow it to take readings from the motor. You can also just set p1900 for this if you want to do it on the BOP.

F1910 is fieldbus interface setpoint timeout. The time is set by p2040. Default is 100ms, so try either extending the time or disabling by setting to zero.

Thanks for support.
(I am using Starter v5.3) I could not find parameter 2040, this parameter does not appear on the Starter screen. 2047 appears to be a delay, with a maximum value of 20000 ms. Even though I entered the value, every time I start the engine, it goes into error again.

Instead of copying the drive from the test STEP7 project to the real STEP7 project, try to repeat the steps of adding the drive to the actual STEP7 project, in the same way you did with the test STEP7 project.

If this still fails, then check the hardware diagnostics in STEP7, that the drive is correctly being handled by the S7-300 CPU.
And check that the program blocks for handling the drive are correct telegram type and that they are being called. These blocks also have status outputs which may help diagnosing.

what do you mean by adding the driver to the real step-7 project? If you mean making a driver project from scratch and integrating it into step 7, I don't know how to do it. But if you are talking about Configuration in Simatic Manager, I can check again today.

When I make a project starting from scratch between the drive and the S7-300, the conveyor works without any problems.
By this I assumed that you made a new (test) STEP7 project from scratch, and got the drive up and running.

However, when I add this project to the project I am using, the driver and plc go into error, and the driver shows the 1910 error.
By this I assumed that you copied the drive from the test project to the real STEP7 project.

If the above is not correct, then I dont know what you have done.

edit: And by 'adding drive' I mean add it to the real STEP7 project in exactly the same way as you did with the test project.

By this I assumed that you made a new (test) STEP7 project from scratch, and got the drive up and running.

By this I assumed that you copied the drive from the test project to the real STEP7 project.

If the above is not correct, then I dont know what you have done.

edit: And by 'adding drive' I mean add it to the real STEP7 project in exactly the same way as you did with the test project.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood, if what you mean is copying and pasting the commission file under the G120C in the step-7 project, I created it from scratch and copied it from the project where I run the Engine and pasted it into my main project, but it still goes to the error.

Hello again. I have set the Profibus Baudrate to 9.6 kbit/s, now the driver and motor are running, but the CPU is giving BF and SF once or twice a minute, the fault lights flash for a few seconds. What do you think I should do?

Sorry, I think I misunderstood, if what you mean is copying and pasting the commission file under the G120C in the step-7 project, I created it from scratch and copied it from the project where I run the Engine and pasted it into my main project, but it still goes to the error.
So my suggestion is to do the same steps in the main project as you did in the test project. I.e. do not copy the drive from one project to the other.

It should be possible to copy the drive between projects, but something goes wrong. To figure out what it is that goes wrong might be too difficult by posting and answering on a forum like this. Therefore the suggestion, do the same again by setting up the drive and program in the main project as you did in the test project.

I did the steps again, starting from scratch. However, there is a situation, I used 1 Profibus cable in the test project and that is for the driver. But I have 3 more Profibus devices in my main Project, could it be a problem with that? For example, communication speed, etc. Could it be a situation?

Hi,

Did you confirm to the Profibus cabling convention.
When you use speed of 1.5M or more, then take notice of cabling length between the slaves.
They must be >1 Meter.
I had a good running Profibus network for years, and adding 1 slave made it stop.
It appears to be a long existing cable between first two slaves being 40cm.
So check your existing cabling and new cable length.

greetings John.

I guess my problem is similar to yours because my Profibus line was working fine until I added the driver.

Cable length approx. 100 cm. (1 meter) What should be the appropriate communication speed for this? When I use 1.5 mbit, it goes to error immediately, when I use 9.6 kbit/s, it goes to error later. What should be the appropriate Baudrate rate?

Your getting an f1910 when you enable the drive

So you have a grounding/noise problem
Check your terminations, grounds , shields

I assume your using profibus wire and connectors

Last edited: