GX Works 2 Copy Structure

DanyaalK123

I have 2 variables which have the same structured data type and I'm trying to copy the contents of one to the other.

I could use BMOV but is there a way to make a pointer which points to the variable then puts it into BMOV so I don't have use device numbers and can just use labels.

When you say a structured data type what is the structure ? perhaps post a pic of the structure. you cannot put pointers into a block move as such there is a way of getting the absolute address of a variable but not sure it will work as an input parameter of a block move. In any case non devices i.e. label only do use actual addresses, these are located at compile time the compiler reserves addresses in the top end i.e. "D" types as D9000 onwards (depends on the PLC used and the compiler settings).
As I said post the structure, also, not sure how a structure would be handled if it contained a mix of different data types.