rs view 32 with 1756 enbt

alex_cordova

i have read all i can on this in this website, but i need a walk through for setup on node in rs view 32.

i want to know how to setup a opc topic in rs linx for 1756 enbt card
and also set up the node in rs view 32

i have read all i can on this in this website, but i need a walk through for setup on node in rs view 32.

i want to know how to setup a opc topic in rs linx for 1756 enbt card
and also set up the node in rs view 32

Alex:

Do you have access to the AB/RA Knowledgebase?

First thing is you don't set up an OPC Topic to an ENBT Card, it has to be to the Processor.

Stu...

no i don't have access to that page

Well, that's too bad, as I probably could have found an article that would have helped you. Ok, lets start with an OPC Topic in RSLinx. There are a number of ways of specifying an OPC Topic. However, one of the easiest is to Navigate to to the PLC Processor you want to set up in the RSLinx RSWho, then Right Click on it, and select "Configure a New DDE/OPC Topic". Give it a sensible name, and leave everything at Default Values for now.

Stu....

Something like this;

OPC Topic.jpg

Ok, in RSView you set up your OPC Topic under System, then Node. Give it a name, I usually use the same name as the RSLinx OPC Topic, but you don't have to. Then select the OPC Server Radio Button. Under Server select RSLinx OPC Server, and put the OPC Topic from RSLinx in the Access Path. Substitute the relevant name for the OPC_Topic that I used in this example.

Stu....

Something like this;

OPC Topic RSV.jpg