SLC 5/05 online edit error

jtashaffer

I have 5 SLC 5/05 that all do the same thing. When creating online edits the will fail during test edits, assemble edits or on assembling edits. Some times they boot me offline. Then I have upload, use file to go online with the descriptions still intact. When I go back online sometime it is still in online edit mode for that rung. Sometimes the edit is gone. Has anyone ran across this.

ok, thanks I have read that. I am going to try it when I get back to work. It is just strange that all 5 of them does it. does it have something to do with the firmware?? or just rslinx setup as that pdf describes

It's just RSLinx. The default settings turned out to use too many connections simultaneously for most 5/05's to edit correctly. I really don't understand why they don't automatically adjust those settings when the target device is an SLC or MicroLogix, but that's not my call.

Here's the most current technote on this issue with the same fix as linked above...

32963 - Online edit failure or OPC communication problems with SLC 5/05 and MicroLogix 1100 PLCs
Access Level: TechConnect

Edit: p.s. did not see your last reply. In short, no it should not.

Regards,
George

Update on thread

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I used this fix for the same issue we were having with one of our slc 500 processors over ethernetip. Changing the settings in Rslinx as the PDF indicated has solved the issue. Prior I would get errors almost ever time I tried to accept edits, test them or assemble. Sometimes it took 15 tries just to get one online edit to take!

When I get this I try to connect on another Ethernet driver in RSLinx. That is usually a quick, temporary fix.

If it fails using the ETH driver try Eth-IP and vice-versa.