Micrologix 1400 HSC Function File Corruption

jnmear

Hello everyone this my first post on this forum so hopefully I can tap into a wider knowledge base than my own as this has me stumped.

I have recently installed a system with a Micrologix 1400 - 1766-L32-BXBA -processor. This system is a standard product for our company and we have 3 systems running in the field already.

The system uses the High speed counting functions to read the signals from 2 x NPN flowmeters and 1 x HTL single channel encoder plus 2 x pulse train outputs to 2 flow control valves.

The problem we see is that the processor goes into fault, error code 0037h which is a HSC error, and then in the HSC function files the error code in HSC0 is 3 which is the high preset value is zero which is not allowed.

The problem I have is that before the error the high preset values are the system default value (some 9 or 10 digit number) and the actual count can never ever get near this as it is reset after a few seconds.

What also happens is that all the HSC preset values are set to zero and there is no way out of this as far as I can except to reload the program with the original values. I am in the process of fitting a memory cassette so the system can be reset by power down and up again but this still does not explain why this might happen.

The control panel has no large inductive loads such as VSD's, motor starters etc in fact non at all.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who can tell me why or how these values can be corrupted and any suggestions as to how to overcome this

Thanks

Nige

I should add that the system runs fine for a few hours before this fault occurs and our oldest running system has been running over 2 years so I am assuming the code is correct

Thanks again

Nige