Siemens Graph Enter/Exit Step Qualifier

toddster900

Hi All

I am using TIA graph for the first time and cant see a qualifier for an action to be called on entry/exit of a step. I have read that it can be done using the interlock events but don't like this option as I cant guarantee the condition of this bit.

Is there not a qualifier for an action on entry/exit of a step like with most SFC editors?

Thanks

No. There is N for "So long as step is active" and L for "Set for limited time" and various others but cant see anything for on entry/exit of step.

Take at look at the S0 and S1 events that might be what you are looking for. The events can be combined with the N Qualifier for example

Snippet from the online help. There are more events

You have the option of linking an action with an event in order to make the execution of the action dependent on certain conditions. For actions with identifiers "D", "L", and "TF", the linking with events is not possible. If an action is linked with an event, the signal state of the event is detected by edge evaluation. This means that the instructions are only executed in the cycle in which the event occurs.
The following table shows the events that you can link with actions:

Event
S1 Positive edge Step is activated (signal state = "1")
S0 Negative edge Step is deactivated (signal state = "0")

S1 and S0 events are the way to do this. Events can be used to condition an action and must take priority over the qualifier assigned to that action.

Thanks