Status Overflow

FSPT_Tech

I'm trying to understand certain programming functions using RSLogix 500 software. Can someone give me examples of how an S:5/0 (Math Overflow) Status file can be used in a ladder logic andexplain what its suppose to do. I'm not sure I fully understand its function.
Thanks.

Well, it indicates that an overflow has occurred. That can be many things, including a divide by zero somewhere, or multiplying two integers and trying to put the result into an integer (20,000 * 20,000) would overflow an integer.

click here ... if this doesn't answer all of your questions, please post again ... I'll be glad to give it another shot ...

note: the forum went through an upgrade awhile back ... the "attachment" picture is still there - it's just been relocated to the bottom of the post ...

World of Thanks

Ron Beaufort said:
click here ... if this doesn't answer all of your questions, please post again ... I'll be glad to give it another shot ...

note: the forum went through an upgrade awhile back ... the "attachment" picture is still there - it's just been relocated to the bottom of the post ...

Thank a lot Ron. You explained everything in an easy and patient manner for all us "beginners". I appreciate sharing your knowledge and advice. I now seem to get a good grasp of the idea of the overflow concept. Your reply helped tremendoulsy. Thanks to you also, rdrast, for your reply. Thanks again fellas and God Bless!