Eclipse State logic to Proficy ladder logic?

jimdi4

Hello,

I work at a facility where there are a number of older 9030's that we communicate with a Laptop with Eclipse software installed, which is setup as strictly a DOS laptop. We are eventually replacing the aging 9030's whenever the opportunity or budget arises.

We have also been installing (replacing the 9030's) with 3Xi's. I have a laptop with Proficy ME 7.0 installed and use it for the 3Xi's.

What I want to achieve is to eliminate the use of the DOS laptop with Eclipse and only have one laptop that can communicate with the 9030's and 3 Xi's. The 9030's were programmed as state Logic, that's why the Eclipse was used.....Is this possible to do? o_O

Or is there a GE "fix all software" that can talk to older 9030's programmed with state logic as well as 3Xi's programmed in ladder logic? <or> Can I convert the 9030 state logic to something the Proficy can understand?

Thanks in advance...(y)

Last edited:
There is an add on module to Proficy ME that is called "State Logic PLC" or similar. It is no longer available on PME 7.0 and was never 100% compatible with eclipse. I guess that means the answer to your question is there "one fix-all software" "No".
To convert from eclipse State Logic to anything else will be a manual re-write of the application.
Eclipse should run in a DOS window under XP, if that does not work for you try VMWare with DOS which should run on Windows 7 even.

I don't know about the GE state logic part of the question; but,

VMPlayer is free from VMware.com and has a DOS 6 virtual appliance (also free) this should allow you to use the old software on a new laptop

I don't know about the GE state logic part of the question; but,

VMPlayer is free from VMware.com and has a DOS 6 virtual appliance (also free) this should allow you to use the old software on a new laptop

I get the following message when trying to Download:

Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibility.:cry:

OK, was able to download and install VM player 3.0 build -203739.

I didn't see anything in the virtual appliances called DOS 6 anywhere. šŸ™ƒ

While in VM Player, though, I can create a new virtual machine and select "other" in the "new virtual machine wizard", and then under the "version" tab there is an "MS DOS" selection. o_O

Would this be the same?

Ok I downloaded the MS dos EXE file saved it to me C: drive...In VM ware under VM > Power> Play Virtual Machine... i get a network Boot ...MSG ; Operating system not found....then msg at bottom ;

MS-DOS is not installed on this virtual machine. Insert the installer disc and click Restart VM....

There are three tabs to select > Restart VM...Change CD/DVD Settings...Never Remind Me...

When I select Change CD/DVD Settings; A pop up window shows;

Device Status > both boxes are checked for:
Connected and Connect at power on.
tried changing to C: where the exe file is located > Connection > Use Physical Drive...But cannot see my C: drive only the E: drive...The other choice is Use the ISO image file, but I don't have an ISO image nor the CD/DVD file...

Last edited: