"Upload" Option Missing from Studio 5000 V32

MoraleC2

Ordinarily, when I attempt to connect to a PLC with a mismatched program, it gives me the option to upload from the PLC so that the offline code matches. However, for whatever reason (thanks Rockwell, for having both a monopoly on an industry AND crappy software that barely works), lately I have been unable to upload from the controller. Nor can I download.

The only option available when attempting to connect to this particular PLC is "Select File". Which, once selected, does not upload and gives me the same prompt again. Is Studio 5000 just broken in V32, or am I missing something? Why would it possibly not allow one to upload from the controller, when there are only a few differences in the offline and online programs?

... (thanks Rockwell, for having both a monopoly on an industry AND crappy software that barely works)...

I see these posts and laugh a bit because I never seem to have issues with their Logix/Studio 5000 software, licensing included in 12+ years.

Is Studio 5000 just broken in V32, or am I missing something?

I've been using v32 for 12 months now commissioning a large facility w/o any upload/download issues. Of course I have all the versions I need to do this installed.

When you get to the place where it gives you the "Select File" option. Simply type a name for the file you want to use and click the select button. After a few seconds it will ask you if you want to create a new file and upload. Click yes and your new file will be created and the upload will be performed.