Wireless access points

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless access point that they like? I am putting them on a controls network with no DHCP. Everything is static.

I've used several Ubiquity units but I have to run their controll software on my PC to set them up. If my PC crashed or I update the PC I have to default these units and start from scratch. They have a controller that sets on the network just so you can access their AP. It will work but I'm not a fan of them.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless access point that they like? I am putting them on a controls network with no DHCP. Everything is static.

I've used several Ubiquity units but I have to run their controll software on my PC to set them up. If my PC crashed or I update the PC I have to default these units and start from scratch. They have a controller that sets on the network just so you can access their AP. It will work but I'm not a fan of them.

What are you trying to do? Is this for the plant network/comissioning, or are you looking to do IO over wifi?

I guess that would help to know the intentions. We will be using this for plant network access and commissioning. No IO over wireless.

I've used the Phoenix FL WLAN 1100 with good results. My application was a machine that was solely controlled by an iPad using Ignition Perspective, and it's been rock solid. That said, since the user is always right next to the machine with the iPad, I can't really comment on it's range. According to the specs it should be quite good, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, I just haven't had any direct experience to prove it.

TP-Link Omada AC1750

Been using this for a year now commissioning a plant, range is crazy for the open concept plant I'm working in.

EDIT: I have Ubiquiti at home, but for the same reasons you mentioned I wanted something that was easy to configure as a simple access point.

Last edited: