Studio 5000 v31 or v32 or v33

What Version of Studio 5000 Should I Upgrade to?

• Try to stay with v31

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Upgrade to v32.03.01

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Suggest v33

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

Is it a good idea to make the switch from 31.011 to 32 or 33?

I am currently using 31.011 on all of our 5370 L33 or L36 processors.

I went from V20 to V31.

Doesn't look like I am going to be able to hold out till V42, I am being nudged towards 32.

I had heard 32 was problematic?

What version should I go with?

1 - Fight to stay at version 31?
2 - Upgrade to version 32?
3 - Propose version 33?

Thank you.

Paul

I'm not experienced with those latest version of studio, but I am very intimate with the golden rule of maintenance.

With that said, I believe there was a specific product advisory related to version 31 that can be very serious. I don't recall the details or whether they're resolved in version 32.

I've been commissioning a large system for the past year on v32 w/o issues. L8x

I'm not experienced with those latest version of studio, but I am very intimate with the golden rule of maintenance.

With that said, I believe there was a specific product advisory related to version 31 that can be very serious. I don't recall the details or whether they're resolved in version 32.

Do you remember what it was? I’ve been on 31 for a while now and haven’t had any major issues.

To answer the OP, check the release notes and see if any of the higher releases are of any use to you. If not there is no real reason to upgrade unless there are issues like Okiepc is referring to.

I agree with BachPi, 20, 24, 28 were really good. I've had good success with 30 and 32, but I didn't use many AOIs, just basic ladder programming. Never tried 31, I was told to skip that revision from another controls guy.

But if you have a project or job that requires 31, then you have no choice but to use it or convince the customer to use 30 or 32? If you doing just basic programming, go for 32.

I would move to V32. It is much more stable that V31. I get fatal errors quite a bit with V31. Just my 2 cents.