PV 1000 Error 362

LMBrian

We have a PV 1000, cat#2711-K10C16 that appears to have an inconsistent issue. We can browse between screens normally. However, on one screen we cannot change a number of settings from Off to On or On to Off. The screen displays the message:
Error: 362
Remote device has list control
Press Any Key

I cannot find any info this particular error.

Thank you

66663 - Std PanelView: Error 362 - remote device has the list control
Access Level: TechConnect

Hi,

This is usually seen when using a "Piloted Control List Selector" object on one or more displays. These List Selectors can be controlled by either the User or the PLC. Specific object tags are used to reference the PLC to determine who has access and which state or selection should be made. If the operational functions you are expecting to see are not working then there may be some issue here with the logic or tags used in the PLC to handle the selections or there is no logic or tags present at all.

Have you access to the PanelView application in PanelBuilder32 and have you access to the PLC program in whichever software was used, such as RSLogix 500?

If there are Piloted Control List Selector objects used then you would need to look at them in the PanelBuilder32 application. Under the Object Properties>Properties tab>Data Tags you should see -

Write Tag
Search Tag
Control Tag

These should have PLC tags assigned for control of the list.

The Write Tag decides which state the control list should select from the predefined states assigned to the Piloted Control List Selector (Under the States Tab). This Write Tag may be updated by either a User or PLC selection, depending on which has access.

The Control Tag (0 or 1) decides whether the User or the PLC has access to the control list. When the Control Tag is 0, the User can make a selection and the state value is written to the Write Tag and the selection is made.

When the Control Tag is 1, the PLC has control and you cannot make selections on the list and you will receive the Error 362 when you attempt to. Then the state value in the Search Tag in the PLC, of which only the PLC updates, is written to the Write Tag in the PLC and this determines which state to select.

More simply put...

When the User has control (0), manual selections will directly update the Write Tag. The Search Tag value is ignored.

When the PLC has control (1), PLC selections update the Search Tag. The Search Tag updates the Write Tag.

You would have to determine, if a Control Tag does exist in the PLC, how it is programmed for change in access.

It's possible that only the PLC has control of the list. But it's also possible that access to some individual states may be set for User and PLC, User Only, PLC Only.

Can you (or someone) access the application files to look further into all this?

Regards,
George

Thank you Geospark,

This is great information and much appreciated. I will hopefully get a look at this today and let you know.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
The issue was the Control Tag had the same PLC address as the Write Tag. Therefore, when the write tag was high it could never be changed from the HMI.

Thanks again Geospark....let's hope the FAI are as quick to hire a replacement for the dynamic duo 🍻:D

Glad you got sorted & happy "Piloting"...

Hey! I wasn't expecting "that" comment!
Yeah, but it's no surprise after the woeful run they've had. Mick McCarthy is favourite to take over...again! Who'll ever forget Saipan? What a twist of fate that he might take over again directly after Keane's tenure.

G.